Wednesday, March 23, 2011

19 Weeks

Today marks 19 weeks into this pregnancy.  Since this baby will be delivered at either 36 or 37 weeks, I am officially past the halfway mark.  This is probably a good thing because I have already put on half the weight that I put on while pregnant with Avery.  The doctor thinks my weight gain is right on track; I, however, know exactly what I weighed when I became pregnant, and there's a few extra pounds that they don't know about since they didn't see me until I was 10 weeks along.  Oh well, I'm feeling great and that's the most important thing I think.

Speaking of doctors and appointments, yesterday was our full sonogram and also a checkup with our doc in Wichita.  Our baby was very active and also had the hiccups, a combination that made things a little more difficult for the sonographer to take all the necessary pictures, but she eventually got everything she needed.  She informed us at the beginning of the appointment that she would not be making any guesses as to which gender the baby is.  She would only let us know at the very end of the appointment if she was completely sure of what we are having.  At the end of the appointment she got a shot, froze it, and said "Well, you're going to have to buy all new things; you're having a boy!"  Then she pointed to what was in the picture and yes, knowing now what it is, it was pretty obvious we have a son in the oven.  So here we go!  Avery will have a little brother to run around with and help take care of. 

Mom, Avery, and I have already made a trip to Carter's in Newton to start stocking up on baby boy things (and of course new clothes for Avery too)!  It's definitely a different world over in the boy section opposite all the pink.  I loved every second though (even though Avery didn't; we had a fairly decent meltdown in the middle of the store) and can't wait to continue planning for our baby boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment