Rylan celebrated his half birthday two weeks ago. Another month come and gone, and here we are already at 6 months. I would ask, where has the time gone, but having gone through the process with Avery, I understand how the time completely flies. Six months ago we were (desperately) trying to figure out how to balance our time between a newborn and a just turned 2 year old. Now we seem to have found a balance between keeping both kids satisfied and not completely running ourselves ragged.
We have also found our secret weapon when it comes to keeping Avery entertained: she is the biggest superfan for Dora the Explorer these days. Cue in some dvds from Walmart and we have the happiest girl on the block. These days when she's not watching her movies, she's running around with her Dora hat and backpack on, wanting to "save the snow princess." She knows every song by heart. (And thanks to Meema, we now have the cd we can listen to in the car-everywhere we go. Everyday. Everywhere. Everyday.)
Back to the original topic; Rylan is 6 months old! He had his 6 month appointment a couple of weeks ago and weighed in at 17 pounds, 9 ounces and was 27 inches long. These measurements put him in the 50th percentile for height and weight. Still growing like a weed and started eating some solids that day. His opinion on his veggies has varied:
Peas-yuck
Carrots-yes please
Green Beans-didn't I already try something green and not like it? Okay, these aren't QUITE as bad
And most recently, Sweet Potatoes-I will totally eat this entire bowl if you will let me.
I still need to upload the latest pics I have of the kids onto the computer, so as soon as I do that, I will send them this way. In the meantime, just my words will have to do. Have a great Thursday-one more day to the weekend!
What a pair. Just beautiful.
ReplyDeleteWow, Rylan and Evan are totally on par! Evan was 17 lbs 7 oz (also fit in the 50th %) at his 6 month checkup, but he is a bit shorter than Rylan at 26.5 inches. :) He loves his rice cereal, avocado and sweet potato. I'm not sure if he likes peas or not, because I think I made them too thick before so I'm trying them a little thinner this time and will try again. Next up, carrots or butternut squash.... :)
ReplyDelete