Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Practice Day at Angel Depot!

Last Thursday marked Avery's first day of spending time at Angel Depot.  They had a get together with their teacher, Ms. Becky, for about an hour Thursday morning and Avery had a blast.  She got to meet her future classmates, or the "kids," as Avery refers to them.  We keep asking her what the other children's names are and she just replies "Kids."  Hopefully they will make more of an impression on her in the following weeks.  This Thursday is the OFFICIAL first day of school, and Avery has already outlined her game plan to Mommy and Daddy and it is as follows:

"Mommy and Daddy take Avery to school.  You leave me at school and I'll play with Ms. Becky."
"What about your new friends?"
"Yeah, I'll play with the kids. I'll eat snack and play and go outside and Daddy will come pick me up.  I'm going to blast off to school!" (Her first official homework from preschool involved a rocketship and she is assuming that everything preschool related must also be outer space related.  She makes me laugh.  A lot.)


Headed that way last Thursday morning!!

1 comment: