Thursday, January 3, 2013

January Updates

Because it has been quite a while (again) since the last time I posted anything substantial other than just pictures, I thought I would take a few minutes and give an update on what's going on in the Unruh house these days.  We made it through the holiday season without too much excitement, just a lot colds being traded within the house.  Avery had hers first, and we all at some point in the month of December felt pretty icky.  Rylan decided to catch influenza the week of Avery's Christmas program, so he (and Chris) unfortunately had to miss out on that adorable night.  Avery has been continuing to fight off a pesky ear infection but it seems the last few days she has been feeling more like herself.  So we are keeping our fingers crossed that perhaps we can stay healthy for a couple of weeks at least!

Avery headed back to preschool today after a very long 2 1/2 week break.  She was extra excited because they are having a pajama party so she was able to take her pillow, care bear, blanket and slippers to school.  Pretty special!  Here's some pictures of her before I dropped her off.



She absolutely adores school and loves all her friends dearly.  She knows (and says!) all their names now and talks about them all nonstop.  We are so happy with how her school experience has been going this year.  Her teacher is fantastic; we couldn't ask for someone who goes even more above and beyond with teaching Avery in addition to the added responsibilities of taking care of Avery's health needs.  Avery is very excited to attend Angel Depot again next year for Pre-K, and is even more excited about the fact that she'll be in the morning class.  I just hope she's not too disappointed that not all of her friends from this year will be in the same class as her anymore.

Rylan is a pistol.  That pretty much sums it up.  We love this little guy so much; he realizes this and sometimes takes advantage, I'm afraid.  He is 100% all boy and is into anything and everything, and even more so, on TOP of EVERYTHING.  That boy will climb onto anything and then dive off headfirst.  He is still a bit of a Mama's boy (yes, I admit it), but knows his Daddy enjoys getting into trouble just as much as he does.  Those two are quite the pair.  Speaking of a pair, Rylan and Avery are becoming fast best buds.  He copies everything she does, and she doesn't mind it all the time.  They play doctor together and Avery is getting better everyday with sharing her toys and books.  Probably because she is also pretty interested in some of the goodies in Rylan's room too. 



I (once again) am going to do my best to get some of the recent activities surrounding the holidays posted on here.  There is a ton of catching up to do, so please understand some of the activities may be more than a few months ago!


No comments:

Post a Comment