Starting in the first part of April, Avery started the spring soccer academy through the MRC. All I have to say is BRRR! The first few sessions were very chilly, to put it politely. When we didn't get rained out (which happened at least once a week for the first 3 or 4 weeks), we were all bundled up in as many layers as we could fit on our bodies. The camp was only supposed to last through April, but because of rescheduled sessions, it was mid-May when we finally wrapped it all up.
Avery before the very first practice.
Everyone trying to stay warm.
She's a natural. Unlike either Chris or me. Neither of us EVER played soccer so I have no idea where she gets it.
At the last session. They were lining them up to hand out medals and I'm not sure what Avery's doing.
Receiving her medal. I believe her coach's words for her were "If I could give an "A" for effort, that's what Avery would get."
Showing off her medal. Very proud of this little growing girl! Avery did such a good job listening to her coaches and doing everything they asked of her, which is pretty unheard of in this age group. She only stopped to take water breaks when the coaches told them to, and then she was right back on the field, ready to play some more. She's already talking about playing again next year!
No comments:
Post a Comment