Tuesday, February 4, 2014

The Big Reveal!

 After a nearly 5 month hiatus, I have finally decided to come back to the world of blogging.  Things have been slightly busy around the Unruh household.  We have gotten through Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's, doctor's appointments, and oh yeah, the birth of our latest baby boy!

Jaycen (Jace) Lane Unruh was born January 6, 2014 at 7:27 a.m. in Wichita at Via Christi St. Joseph.

Here he is, in all his glory!

 Jace weighed in at 7 lb, 7 oz and was 20.5 inches long.  He weighed exactly the same as Rylan when he was born, but was 1.5 inches taller than both Avery and Rylan.  At 36 weeks gestation, I'm pretty proud of our whopper of a boy!


I love how absolutely giddy they both are in these pictures meeting Jace for the first time.  They have nothing but love for their little brother and every morning, the first thing they both do is find him to tell him good morning and give him a hug and kiss.

Jace has been such an easy baby so far.  He sleeps at night and only wakes up a couple of times to eat.  He's awake for large portions of the day and is happy to play in his crib, sit in his rocker, and lie on his playmat.  And yes, he gets held plenty too!  He loves to eat, and is proving it on the scales.  He is already to the 10 lb mark and he will be one month old on Thursday.  Not too shabby.  3 month clothes are fitting him comfortably and size 1 diapers are seeming to get tighter every day.  





On our way home from Wichita.


Gotta love those cheeks!


Big sister (x2!) Avery loves to snuggle with this guy.




And Rylan loves him so much too.  Holding Jace?  Not so interested.  Rylan will hold him for about 5 seconds and then he's done.  He's got much more important things to do, like wearing his cowboy boots on the wrong feet.  Or stealing the iPad from Avery when it's not his turn.  Or raiding the pantry after we just got done eating breakfast.  This guy's not ornery at all.  Nope...

It's hard to believe it's already been over 4 weeks since I was getting rolled into the operating room AGAIN to meet another of our gorgeous children.  Time is flying by and I need to be pulling out the camera even more often to make sure I'm capturing all the moments that make our family "us."  Jace hasn't even been in this world for a month yet, and already he has such a special place in all our hearts. 

 Welcome to the world, little guy!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats Allison! I know what having the whopper's are all about! Emma outgrew her 3 month clothes by 2 months and now at 4.5 months we are already introducing some 6-9 month clothes to replace the 3-6 month stuff that's getting snug. And yes, I love them cheeks...Emma's got some too...my favorite thing to kiss every day (and she seems to like it when I kiss them too!). Welcome little Jace!

    ReplyDelete