We couldn't be more proud! September. 2nd. 2010. The first official day of Avery walking on her own. And also the first day of her standing on her own. It completely amazes me how much she can get accomplished in one day. I thought I was good for getting 5 loads of laundry done on Wednesday. Showoff!!
Yesterday Avery and I decided to wait outside for Chris to come home for lunch. While waiting, I went ahead and stood Avery up and let go of her hands to see what happened. We had occasionally done this and she would stand for 5 seconds or so before realizing she was only being held up by her own two legs. Well, I don't know if it was because we were outside or what, but she stood, and stood, and stood, until Daddy pulled in the driveway a couple minutes later. Then, to make it even better, she waves so big to see him, and continued to stand, and stand a little longer. After eating lunch, we brought her back outside to see if she would stand some more. Little did we know that she would decide to take a couple of steps over to the flower pot by the garage!
For the rest of the afternoon, I tried to work with her, but she wasn't having it. Not without Daddy being home to see it. Thank goodness he got off work at 4 because at 4:45ish, Avery took off walking across the kitchen to follow Mommy with an empty bottle. Not just 4 or 5 steps either. She took a good 10-12 steps before falling gently to the floor. Within the next 20 minutes, she was walking from the living room into the kitchen, down the hallway, into the bathroom. You name it, she was there! We got a couple of Flip videos of her walking, but I don't think I'm able to post them on here. I took some pictures, but you can't tell she's walking in them. Here are a couple of cute ones anyway though!
No comments:
Post a Comment