Monday, September 20, 2010

Now Running

2 1/2 weeks later, and Miss Avery is still going full steam ahead. Walking is now her favorite thing to do, and we have even started running a bit down the hall and outside down the driveway. This walking business has made trips to Walmart a little more difficult. She's not near as content to sit in the cart and roll along. After about 20 minutes or so she's screaming pretty loudly because she wants down-yes, we are those people now. Luckily we go there on Monday mornings before it gets very busy, so only a few lucky people get to witness the meltdowns. I made the mistake of letting her roam around a bit when we went to Dollar General the other day. When it was time to go, she wouldn't follow me, so Mommy had to pick her up kicking and screaming all the way out the door. Lovely. Don't think we'll be going back there anytime soon!

We had another first this past weekend. The four-wheeler that we got for her birthday had been sitting down in the family room for the past month and a half. Chris thought we ought to at least try it out and see how she would handle it. We took her out back and sat her on it. Mommy held down the button and Avery held on for dear life and we took off. She LOVED it! We got some very cute Flip videos, but again, I don't think I can post those on here. The next time she goes out, we'll get some pictures so we can show off our little daredevil. She is now able to press the button herself and she has even tried to stand up while riding too. That might sound a little dangerous, but she's on the grass and I think she's probably going about 1/2 mph. It's so fun to watch; if you live in town, I highly suggest stopping by to see this wonder! I'll leave you with this latest pic of Avery from this past week. Just a cute one, no special occasions.



No comments:

Post a Comment