Thursday, October 7, 2010

Busy Weekend

Finally, a chance to sit down and try to remember everything that's been going on the last few days. I'm not completely with it today, last night was a short night, to put it mildly. Avery's been getting in a couple of molars, and we are definitely feeling it in the sleep department. She's had a fever the last 3 days, so between the tylenol and orajel that we keep making her open her mouth up for, life has been a little trying for Miss Avery. She seems to be feeling better today-no more fever, but is definitely tired.

Let's see, where to begin? Last Friday and Saturday, we finally had the garage sale that I mentioned about 6 months ago. The one that I said I wanted to have sometime this summer. We finally got our act together, no scratch that. We CHOSE to wait to have the garage sale in October because the weather this past weekend was absolutely beautiful! If (not when, if) we ever decide to have a garage sale again, I'm definitely going to wait until the fall to have it because I didn't mind being outside one bit. Avery was able to run around the entire time, taking off all the carefully placed price tags. I'm still finding little stickers in nooks and crannies of the garage, but at least I can finally pull my car in and open the doors without bumping into something. We had a very nice turnout and sold almost everything we had.

Saturday (yes, the same day as the garage sale) was Chris's birthday. And also Pam's birthday-a special year, though I won't mention which one. And Tuesday was Michael's (Chris's brother) birthday. So we had an Unruh birthday collaborative celebration at our house that evening. Chris smoked some of the best ribs I've ever had, and everyone had a nice time.

Sunday, though his birthday was technically the day before, Avery and I wanted to make sure Chris had a special day. We were able to hang out most of the day at the house, and then made a special trip to Lakeside Park so Avery could feed the ducks-er, canadian geese for the first time. She liked the sounds they made, but never really figured out how to fling the bread out into the water. Here's some pics:

Avery had more fun running away from us than trying to feed the geese!

Captured before she discovered she had a whole park to explore.

Avery and the birthday (+ 1 day) boy!

And with Mommy-it was a little windy!

When we got home, we ate dinner, leftover ribs-Avery did her best to eat them too!

And now it's almost the weekend again! Just 1 1/2 more days and maybe we can relax some more. Keep your fingers crossed that Avery's teeth will stop bothering her, all three of us need to get some sleep!

1 comment:

  1. Great photos! Think Chris could throw some ribs in the smoker when I'm back next weekend?

    ReplyDelete