Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Cabin Fever

Could Spring please hurry up?  Due to the extremely cold and snowy weather that is not going away any time soon, Avery and I are experiencing some extreme cabin fever.  She has always been an outside girl anyway, and so for her to not only have to stay inside, but to also not really take any outings in the car during the day is driving her nuts!  She sometimes just stands at the backdoor watching while the dogs are outside and screams at the top of her lungs.  She wants to be out so badly-we had a teaser on Monday when the temperature got to the mid-40s.  We were outside for a while, but everything was so muddy from the snow melting we really couldn't enjoy being out. 

Coming up with indoor activities that she's not already tired of has become a little exhausting also.  It's a good thing she enjoys her Legos so much because that is the one toy I can count on to buy me some time.  This morning before we ran to the store Avery refused to get dressed so I let her play for a while running freely.  (Or as freely as I'm willing to allow!)





Please note the purse.  Its contents are scattered down the hallway, but I did not capture that sight on camera.  I also missed catching a pic of her wearing all of her bracelets and necklaces with pigtails.  By the time I grabbed the camera, she had already pulled her hair out and jewelry off. :(  Hopefully within the next few days, the weather will have warmed up enough to leave the house again.  Until then, Legos here we come!

No comments:

Post a Comment