Wednesday, April 25, 2012

9 Months (Already!)

Well, Rylan is officially 9 months old today.  A lot has been happening in the last couple of weeks, and although the majority of it has revolved around Avery, Rylan's been making some milestones of his own.  About 3 or 4 weeks ago, we made the call, Rylan had begun crawling.  He had been making some movements here and there that somewhat resembled crawling, but one day he finally went about 3 foot and that was that.

A couple of days later, he began saying mama, and also says da (rather than dada).  Hopefully he will get the hang of it by Father's Day.  And lastly, a week ago Monday, he sprouted his first little tooth.  He will absolutely NOT let anyone see it.  I just happened to feel it sticking my finger into his mouth after feeding him that day. (I know, I'm such a great mom.  Shove my finger into his little mouth just out of curiosity.)





He is pulling himself up to everything.  Most days after his naps, he is standing in his crib waiting to grin at whoever happens to walk into his room.  (Which is me, who am I kidding?  Like anyone else is home .)  Once he's standing, he's cruising around all the furniture like he's ready to walk any day.  I know (or at least hope) that we have some time before this happens, but holy cow, he's growing up so fast!

Rylan's 9 month checkup with Dr. Thomas was last week.  He's weighing in right at 20 lbs  (45th percentile) and is 29.5 inches long (80th percentile).  Still growing, growing, growing.  His legs are getting to be too long for his 12 month clothes, but his little waist can barely keep 18 month sizes up.  His hair is continuing to come in, looking very red at times, but as we know with Avery, early hair color can be deceiving.  My guess is he will have the same blond hair as his sister, and I will once again, be the only brunette of the Unruh clan.  Eyes are still blue as the sky, so I'm guessing that's the permanent color as well.

Rylan's continuing to do something new about every day, so hopefully I can do my best to keep everything documented. Happy Wednesday!



1 comment:

  1. It's so neat to read about how Rylan's doing since he's so close in age to Evan! We're going thru very similar things in our household, except we just have the one! I don't know how you handle dealing with a growing (and now mobile!) infant, with a toddler too! I hope someday I will find out for myself though! :)

    ReplyDelete