Thursday, September 6, 2012

Joint Birthday Party 2012

Because their birthdays are only ten days apart, we threw tradition out the window and decided instead of having individual parties for Avery and Rylan, we would just combine the two since anyone invited to one would be invited to the other.  This made planning, invitations, food, drinks, etc. all a lot more convenient for Chris and me, so the out-of-town guests were not the only ones who reaped the benefits of this decision. 

We had the bash on July 28, a come and go party in the afternoon.  Still hot as any other day of the summer, but I guess we should probably become accustomed to warm weather for birthdays since we decided to have babies in July and August.  Avery had been so excited for weeks about this shindig; Rylan, of course, was clueless.  We enjoyed seeing all the family members/friends that made it over for the party.  I always feel so bad that I never get to spend enough time talking to all our guests, but I'm guessing no one is holding a grudge against me.  We had two very special people to honor that afternoon!


For a treat, I made both Avery and Rylan their own individual ice cream cakes.  They may not look very pretty, but tasted pretty dang old good.  I literally spent months researching my tail off trying to figure out a way for Avery to have a big piece of this without giving her a day's worth of insulin and finally came up with a good combination.  Let me know if you would like to know how we did it!

Avery's cake. 

Rylan's cake.

Avery enjoying her new guitar with Uncle Nick.  Charlie is already a groupie.


The birthday boy!

The birthday girl!

I know next year will most likely mark the first year that Avery will have a "friends only" party, since she is finally able to name some of her classmates instead of just calling them kids.  But I'm guessing the joint party will become a tradition for family because it seemed to work really well this year.  The lovely thing about having their birthdays so close together is we still have about 10 1/2 months before we have to worry about having another party!

No comments:

Post a Comment