Thursday, October 25, 2012

Grammy's Pumpkin Patch

Last Saturday afternoon, Chris and I took the kids out to Grammy's Pumpkin Patch for the first time.  For those who are not familiar with Grammy's, it's located north of town and run by a former co-worker of mine from my days at the city office.  The weather was absolutely gorgeous, almost a little too warm at times.  But no complaints here.  The kids had an absolute blast and we will definitely be continuing this tradition for many years to come. 

There were so many different activities for little ones to do.  Rylan and Avery immediately found some bikes, and then ran off to the "corn maze."





After casually diverting Avery's attention away from the sandboxes (sorry, just have a phobia of sand combined with farmcats), she found another game to occupy her time: tossing rings around the pumpkins.  She's turning into quite the athlete.  Notice how all but one are around a pumpkin?


Rylan was trying to steal rescue the pumpkins from being permanently stuck into the ground.

Flushed cheeks.  I think it got close to 90 degrees on Saturday.

And this was Avery's favorite, riding the sled down the hay-covered hill.  We stayed at the station for quite some time.


I made this picture extra large so you can see the kitten next to the scarecrow.  And Rylan trying to pet it.



I love how they created this so we can take the kids back every year and see how much they've grown.  Of course neither child really wanted to cooperate with a picture, but we got the gist of it I think.

Overall we had an absolutely delightful time there.  I think Vince (who runs this wonderful operation) and his family are just about the most generous people I know.  Having an afternoon of fun and entertainment for absolutely zero dollars is unheard of these days.  And they all seemed so happy to have everyone out there.  Thank you Rocco family for giving us a wonderful day of fall memories!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment