Friday, April 16, 2010

Flat Sale Friday

One of my favorite days of the year! Now spring is finally here and it's time to start spending more time outside and planting flowers. Mom and I have made a tradition of hitting the local nurseries together and taking advantage of the various sales. We had rain forecasted all this week, but never actually did until today. I woke up to everything being covered in rain this morning, but luckily it was not coming down too hard, so Mom, Avery, and I ventured out to Stone Creek and picked out our first flowers of the season.

It was Avery's first trip to the nursery; she didn't care for the smell and definitely was interested in pulling on all the vines hanging down from the hanging baskets. Luckily we were the only people eager enough (or perhaps overeager) to get out in the rain to save a few dollars. No one else was shopping, which made managing the stroller a little easier. We'll see how this afternoon's weather is, we might try and head out to Galva to look at some more flowers.

Avery's been a little cranky the last couple of days. We're pretty certain she's cutting another tooth up top. This will be number three. I would love to get a picture of the two she already has, but surprisingly, she isn't that cooperative when I try to get her to open her mouth wide and hold it while I snap the shot! Silly mom. Thank goodness it's Friday, we can't wait to have Chris home for a couple of days!

No comments:

Post a Comment