Friday, June 25, 2010

Trees and Boxes

Sorry it has been two weeks since my last time on here. The last couple of weeks became rather busy and I didn't make the time to update on here.

A week ago Monday we learned that Stone Creek Nursery is closing its branch here in McPherson. I was so sad when I heard the news, but when I heard that every plant was 70% off, the news became bittersweet. Mom, Avery, and I all ventured out there Tuesday morning to look around. Three trips later and Wednesday after work, we bought a maple tree to replace our pine tree that coincidentally was cut down the same day we found out about Stone Creek. I also got a great deal on some shrubs for our front yard landscaping. We are doing our best to keep everything alive during these VERY hot days, and hopefully everything will be able to be planted this fall.

Every time I go over to Mom's house, I'm reminded of the fact that I have several boxes in her storage room that need to be gone through and taken away. After putting her off for several years, and now having the space in our house to keep all these treasures, I decided I would finally appease her request and am actually enjoying going through all my junk from high school and college. I haven't found much worth keeping but am finding plenty to sell at our garage sale I'm planning on having later this summer or fall.

Father's Day weekend was great; Dad stopped by for a bit on Saturday on his way up to Topeka. And Sunday we had Chris's family over for dinner. We were busy, but it was nice to see everybody. Avery had fun spending time with Chris; here's a picture of them the night before Father's Day doing Avery's favorite thing: READING! (YAY!)

This week has been more of the same, going through more boxes at Mom's and keeping up with the housework. Avery and I went through some of her old clothes and I got some cute pics while doing that. Unfortunately the pictures are not of her going through the clothes; she decided the camera strap was a lot more fun to play with. She's probably right. Here they are:




(Had to add this last one, look at those gorgeous eyes!)

No comments:

Post a Comment