Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Mother's Day Weekend

I can't believe it's already Wednesday! Starting tomorrow, Chris is off work for 5 days (that includes the weekend) and we can't wait for him to be home! This Friday is All School's Day, so Avery will get to experience the parade for the first time. Hopefully Mike the Clown will keep his distance...

This past weekend was another great one. Saturday morning I was able to go to my friend Shayna's baby shower. She's due in about a month and I hadn't seen her since right after Avery was born. I got to see a lot of old friends and have some much needed "adult" time and conversation.





Sunday was my first Mother's Day with Avery here! She and Chris made me a very sweet card and also were way too generous with a gift certificate to Stone Creek Nursery. Ah, how well they know me. They could probably see the wheels turning in my head as I already imagined what I would spend it on. We spent some time with Mom in the afternoon, and then had a very relaxing rest of the day at home. Mommy even got to watch her show while Daddy gave Avery a bath. A great end to a great day.


On another high note, Avery now has 3 teeth, possibly 4. She got her left upper tooth in, and the right one is just right there. I haven't really looked today, so hopefully it has come completely through. She's getting real close to crawling also. She is on all fours quite a bit, but just hasn't made a move forward yet. Instead she falls onto her belly, rolls over, and then looks at us, like why aren't you picking me up? I want that toy over there. She's pretty insistent sometimes, and very convincing. We just need a little more willpower. But how can we resist those big blue eyes?




No comments:

Post a Comment