The month of June has flown by. We've been busy with doctor's appointments, veterinary appointments, education classes, and of course lots of bubble time. It's so hard to believe that the 4th of July is just around the corner, and then of course, after that it will only be a matter of days before our baby boy makes his grand entrance.
Avery has been having a really great summer; she's been able to spend a lot of time with grandmas and grandpas. Mom and Pam have been taking her to Mother Goose time at the library, which frees up my Wednesday mornings a bit. We have another appointment for Avery tomorrow with her endocrinologist in Wichita, so hopefully they will tell us that we are continuing to make progress as we are still learning the ups and downs of attempting to regulate a toddler's blood sugars. After her appointment in the morning, I have my next OB appointment tomorrow afternoon. We were supposed to have set a date for the c-section after the last appointment, but apparently there was a miscommunication in the office, so hopefully after tomorrow, we will be able to mark our baby's birthday on the calendar (hoping nothing comes up before then!)
Last week I spent the majority of my time in Wichita taking a 2 and a half day course on diabetes education. This was something we wanted to make sure I fit into my schedule before the baby comes because we knew there was no way I'd been able to take that time after. The class was somewhat informative (I don't think the last day helped me THAT much), but now I have a lot closer relationship to the dieticians at the doctor's office. So in addition to getting some new information, I can now call them by their first names!
Chris had to take Bo back up to K-State about a week and a half ago. Chris had noticed some spots in his remaining eye that looked different, so after seeing our vet here in town, we made another appointment to head up to Manhattan. Thankfully they got good news while they were there and that was that Bo's eye seemed to still be doing fine; he had some changes occurring, but the eyedrops that they had given us last time were doing everything necessary to prevent any further damage. So we got to hear some good news, there just had to be 3 hours worth of driving to get it!
There has been some progress in little brother's room. His furniture is all put together and somewhat arranged how we want it. We still need to get curtains hung and get a few odds and ends, but I think it's safe to say that if we had him today and brought him home tomorrow, there would be no need to hastily finish anything. Although I do need to wash all his clothes (again-for the third time.) Avery likes to take everything out of his dresser drawers and throw them all over the floor which I need to vacuum. So, I guess that is one more thing for the to-do list.
I have taken several new pictures of Avery; I just don't have them on the computer yet. I will add them later this week as time allows. Here's hoping the weather will stay below 90 sometime in the near future!
No comments:
Post a Comment